In Pakistan, trademark registration is administered by the Intellectual Property Organization of Pakistan (IPO-Pakistan). To register a trademark in Pakistan, you will need to follow these general steps:
- Conduct a trademark search: Before you apply for trademark registration, it’s a good idea to conduct a search of existing trademarks to ensure that your desired trademark is not already in use by someone else. IPO-Pakistan provides a trademark search service on its website that can be used to search existing trademarks in Pakistan.
- File a trademark application: To register a trademark in Pakistan, you will need to file an application with IPO-Pakistan. The application should include:
- The mark (the logo, name, or design that you wish to register)
- The class of goods or services under which the mark will be registered
- The name and address of the applicant
- A representation of the mark
- Examination and publication of the trademark: Once your application has been filed, IPO-Pakistan will examine it to ensure that it meets the necessary requirements. If your application is accepted, your trademark will be published in the Trademarks Journal for opposition purposes for 4 months.
- Opposition period: Once your trademark is published in the Trademarks Journal, any person can file an opposition against your trademark within 4 months.
- Registration: If there are no oppositions or if the opposition is decided in your favour, your trademark will be registered.
Please note that above process is general guide and might vary depending on the specific circumstances and requirement of your application. It is always best to consult with an attorney with expertise in Intellectual property to make sure you are adhering to the laws and regulation of Pakistan.