An Association of Persons (AOP) in Pakistan is a type of partnership where two or more individuals come together to conduct a business. Registering an AOP in Pakistan involves several steps and requires various documents and approvals.
Here is a general overview of the steps involved in registering an AOP in Pakistan:
- Choose a unique name for the AOP and ensure that it complies with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) if the AOP is engaged in taxable activities.
- Prepare the AOP’s partnership deed. The partnership deed should include the names of the partners, their addresses, shares in the profits, and the nature of the business.
- File the partnership deed with the Registrar of Firms in the relevant province along with other required documents such as the National Identity Card (NIC) of the partners.
- Obtain the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Firms.
- Obtain a trade license from the relevant local government authority.
- Open a bank account in the name of the AOP.
It’s important to note that laws, regulations and procedures may change and it is recommended to consult with a professional or relevant authorities before taking any action.
Overall, registering an AOP in Pakistan is a process that involves obtaining a certificate of registration from the Registrar of Firms and obtaining a trade license from the relevant local government authority. The partnership deed is an important document that should be prepared carefully to ensure compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.