Starting a food company in Pakistan involves several steps and requires various documents and approvals from government authorities. The process can be time-consuming and complex, so it is recommended to seek the help of a professional such as a lawyer or chartered accountant.
Here is a general overview of the steps involved in registering a food company in Pakistan:
- Choose a unique name for the company and ensure that it complies with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Prepare the company’s Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA). These documents set out the company’s purpose, powers, and rules.
- File the MOA and AOA with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) along with other required documents such as the certificate of incorporation and the list of directors.
- Obtain the certificate of incorporation from the SECP.
- Register for GST with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Register for income tax with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Obtain a trade license from the relevant local government authority.
- Obtain a Food Business License from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of Pakistan (FSSAI)
- Obtain a liability insurance for your company
- Get registered with the Ministry of National Food Security & Research, Government of Pakistan
- Obtain a digital signature certificate (DSC) for the company’s directors from the National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) or any other authorized agency.
- Obtain a .pk domain name for your company’s website from Pakistan Network Information Center (PKNIC).
It’s important to note that laws, regulations and procedures may change and it is recommended to consult with a professional or relevant authorities before taking any action.
Starting a food company in Pakistan requires compliance with various regulations and procedures set by the government. Obtaining the relevant certifications and licenses from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of Pakistan (FSSAI) is mandatory. The company must also register with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and obtain a trade license from the relevant local government authority. It is also important to have a .pk domain name for your company’s website, obtain a liability insurance and comply with other regulations set by the government.