In Pakistan, starting a consultancy business typically involves registering the business with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and obtaining relevant licenses and permits. The specific registration process will depend on the type of consultancy business and the province in which it will operate.
Here is a general overview of the registration process:
- Choose a business name and conduct a name search to ensure it is available and not in use by another company.
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Register the business with the SECP as a private limited company, single member company, or a partnership firm.
- Obtain any necessary licenses and permits for the specific type of consultancy business, such as a professional license for a consulting firm.
- Register for social security and employee provident fund with the Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI).
It is important to note that process and the requirements may vary depending on the province and the type of consultancy business you want to register. It’s advisable to consult with a lawyer or a professional consultant for specific guidance and help in the registration process.