To obtain an import/export license in Pakistan, the following steps are generally required:
- Register your business with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Number (STN).
- Obtain a certificate of origin from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which is required to verify the origin of goods being imported or exported.
- Apply for an import/export license from the Ministry of Commerce through the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP). You will need to submit the required documents, including the certificate of origin, along with your application.
- Obtain any additional licenses or permits that may be required for specific goods, such as a plant quarantine certificate for agricultural products.
- Once your import/export license is granted, you will need to register with the Customs department and obtain an Import/Export Code (IEC) Number.
It is important to check with the relevant authorities for any updates or changes in the process.