In Pakistan, security companies are registered with the Ministry of Interior, under the Private Security Companies (Regulation) Act, 2015. The process of registering a security company in Pakistan involves the following steps:
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Number (STN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association of the company, which should include details such as the name of the company, objectives, functions, and powers of the company.
- Appoint a Director General who should be retired senior police officer of not less than the rank of Superintendent of Police.
- Obtain a certificate of clearance from the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for the Director General and other key personnel of the company.
- Submit the MOA and Articles of Association, along with the NTN and STN certificates and certificates of clearance, to the Ministry of Interior for review.
- Once the Ministry of Interior approves the registration, the company will be issued a registration certificate.
- After registration, the company is required to file an annual return with the Ministry of Interior and submit audited financial statements every year.
It is important to note that the process of registering a security company in Pakistan can take several months and may be subject to change. In addition, security companies are also required to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Interior and are subject to regular inspections.
In summary, registering a security company in Pakistan involves obtaining a National Tax Number and Sales Tax Number, preparing the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association, appointing a Director General, obtaining a certificate of clearance, submitting the documents to the Ministry of Interior, obtaining a registration certificate and filing an annual return and submitting audited financial statements every year. Security companies are also required to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Interior and are subject to regular inspections.