To reserve a name for a Private Limited Company in Pakistan, you will need to follow these steps:
- Check the availability of the name you have chosen by searching the online database of registered companies on the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) website.
- If the name you have chosen is available, you will need to submit an application for name approval to the SECP along with the required fee.
- The SECP will review your application and, if the name is approved, will issue a name approval certificate.
- The name approval certificate is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of issuance. During this time, you will need to complete the remaining steps required to register your Private Limited Company.
- If you do not complete the registration process within the 60-day period, you will need to apply for a new name approval certificate.
It’s worth noting that the SECP has specific guidelines for the selection of company names, and some names may be rejected if they are deemed to be inappropriate or confusingly similar to the name of another company.