Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) is a professional body that regulates the engineering profession in Pakistan. It is responsible for registering and licensing engineers, as well as setting standards for engineering education and practice. PEC also plays a role in the accreditation of engineering programs at universities in Pakistan.
The main objectives of PEC are to:
- Promote the advancement of engineering and the application of technology in Pakistan
- Establish and maintain high standards of professional conduct and ethics among engineers in Pakistan
- Register and license engineers who meet the necessary qualifications
- Accredit engineering programs at universities in Pakistan
- Advise the government on matters related to engineering and technology
To become a licensed engineer in Pakistan, individuals must meet certain educational and experience requirements and pass a licensing examination administered by PEC. PEC also has a code of ethics that all licensed engineers in Pakistan are expected to follow.